The Chickens Are Here! | Chicken Coop Keep Water From Freezing

The Chickens Are Here!




Ladies and Gentlemen, Chickadee Homestead is now the home to four pullets!  I know I havent posted the final phase of the chicken coop yet, and I normally dont post twice in one day, but I wanted to share the exciting news!

Yesterday evening my brother helped me pick up these ladies from a local chicken breeder. I chose two Black Australorps and two Silver Laced Wyandottes. These werent my first choice of breeds (sorry, girls!), but they were what were available locally and they dont need a brooder - my two biggest requirements.  They are around 7 weeks old, so with any luck well start getting some eggs in about 2-3 months!

As you can see from the photo, they are pretty nervous around us. So if any of you chicken pros out there have some advice on helping them acclimate, send it my way please! 


(Ill post the final phase of building the coop tomorrow)




This post shared on....
The Homestead Barn Hop


The Chickens Are Here!